Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Postcards from London: Good morning Chelsea (Post-athon day 14!)

I've been to London several times, first when I was nine, I still remember the cold, the food and the Disney Store.

But I had never had the chance to walk down the King's Road and to get lost in Chelsea.


There was a time, before my mouth went all radical on me where I could eat and taste solids, and enjoy a great brunch, when I could speak and not sound like a 5 year-old or a drunken homeless (I am not sure which of the two is more accurate).


 Focus M, focus! As I was saying, we started our morning stroll down King's Road (so gameofthrony!) and even though is was misty at first, the weather was amazingly nice for a weekend in late November.
On the random side, during our walk we came up a very funny Canadian guy who recognised us for our chit chatting and told us he was the first Canadian to import Spanish clementines to Canada, awkward conversation, a few laughs and he kept walking and do did we.

We walked and walked, past the National History Museum and several other museums, rows of houses all neatly painted, better decorated and framed with luxurious cars, and started to feel hungry, mmmmm what can anyone do on a Sunday morning but to enjoy brunch? Nothing, just enjoy brunch.
So there we went to PJ's, where I had my last solid dishes in days: Eggs Royale with smoked salmon (just like eggs benedict but with salmon instead of ham), and dessert for 6. I still remember that apple crumble and smell the cinnamon and the walnuts...

I am starved. The only good thing about this tooth ordeal is knowing I will get rid of the few pounds I put on over the summer.

We all need to find some solace don't we?

Such is Life

2 comments:

Miss Cross said...

Chelsea is just so wonderful. Whenever I needed some time out from my fashion ordeal during my courses, I would go there and dream I had a house there.

Hope your mouth is better!!!

www.chezagnes.blogspot.com

Anuska said...

Para el proximo post sobre Londres agradeceria, si la hubiera, alguna foto del brunch o de los huevos Benedict.