Friday, November 25, 2011

Excuse me, is there a doctor in the room? (Post-athon day 16, PhD edition)

Excuse me, is there a doctor in the room? You said yes? May anyone please point out who the doctor is?
Oh! I see, the girl with the big smile to whom the waiter is offering a drink? (What a fancy place with waiters and all!) Oh, that is excellent news.

And is she the only doctor in the room? Really? I thought many of these people could pass as doctors... of course the girl with the shiny headband does not, (yes, the one with the pretty skirt that looks totally borrowed from her fashion forward sister), but the rest?

Oh, and of course the five ladies in that corner are not!! I can tell valid from null. Paz... What did you call them?
And what about the grey-haired gentleman with the brown jacket and the tie, or that worried looking man with the white shirt and the blue jumper? 

What do you mean they were doctors for a day? That is a ridiculous notion! 

Aaahhhh ok, so now I understand, what a curious phenomenon! 5-6-7 years as pre-doc, one day (some would even say second) as doctor and a post-doc for the rest of your life! This science thing is complicated (that's the way the cookie crumbles guys)!

Ok, I came here with a purpose, so I will just walk to her and say my speech: "Congrats Dr. Ferina, you make a hell of a doctor!!"

Such is Life

Author's note: It seems I can't expect anyone to understand this post. Don't try, even my critics, who should understand it, don´t.

4 comments:

Anuska said...

Me uno a las felicitaciones, aunque a ella ya se las haya dado en persona. Luciferina, FELICIDADES!!!!

Anonymous said...

Paz... what???

Luzi Ferina said...

Martaaa, tu si que eres lo más!!!!! me ha encantao tu post!!jajajajajjaja!!!!! besito cariñaa!!!

Marta said...

:)