Twice a year Madrid hosts an increasingly popular fashion week.
Designers, models, socialites and wannabe socialites, bloggers, journalists, actors, and a very wide range of fashion lovers (from undisputed dickheads - I mean hipsters, sorry - to myself) go to the world's end (20€ taxi ride on the way back home!) to enjoy a taste of what fashion is going to be about next season.My dear friend Agnes got us tickets for one of the shows, and, despite the fact that I am not a huge follower of the designer, I enjoyed every minute of that atmosphere (specially being comfortably seated in the fourth row). A fashion show is a at the same time a theatre play, an art exhibition and a concert, your eyes go from one side of the runway to the other hoping not to miss a single detail of all that goes on. Different styles mean different music, and you fell how the show evolves from Act I to the Final Act.
Fashion is fun, and frivolous, and I love the fact that for an afternoon I could indulge in my hunger for trends and be just as frivolous, hearing Mr. Gunn in my head, with his "make it work" moments and his "wow factor" as I commented on designs and shuffled through clothes.
I can very well understand those who wish to make fashion their life, and try to fight their way in a world full of ideas, beauty, color and, let's be blunt, money with a huge envy factor.It's Siberia out there, I could see it even for a while in a little style contest, and you have to be particularly strong to climb up the ladder of the business of fashion. And I know you are, just keep climbing!
Such is Life.
AUTHOR's NOTE: As usual, pictures NOT MINE but theirs: MARIE CLAIRE (http://www.marie-claire.es/fotos-francis-montesinos-cibeles-2011)
1 comment:
Dear Marta... thanks for the mention and sweet words!!! you know I love you (and not just because you mention my blog in yours)
here's the deal: in order to complete our blogger collab you'll receive an important e-mail... follow the instructions!!! that way we will be officialy linked.
Kisses!!!
www.chezagnes.blogspot.com
Post a Comment