I simply complain, all the time, about the most stupid things. I complain about life's little daily complainable stuff, like getting up early, having a way too demanding job, being unable to lose weight (actually not even trying to), procrastinating, online shopaholism, bad quality washi-tape, people that steal staplers, the wheather (oh what a source of happy complaining), but above all else, I use this blog to complain about my lack of blogging habilities and my muse's long absences.
Over the past year I have discovered a great deal of blogs which, far from inspiring me to blog more, have deviated my attention from this blog and taken me to a far more comfortable reader-status.
And that is the point. Instead of posting more, I am posting less and less, why? oh why?
There was a time when writing a post took more than ten minutes of picture-theft on Pinterest or Tumblr, there was even a time when people wrote on Moleskine notebooks instead of blogging. And there was a time when not everyone declared themselves bloggers and shared with other non-bloggers the interesting stuff that happened to them (it was called coffee over the holiday pictures, for example).
As much as I fight to find interesting/funny/geeky stuff to post about, the more "inspirational blogs" I follow, the less inspired to blog I feel.
Well, just the other day, the tables finally turned. AT LAST.
The guys at Mr. Wonderful discovered us this guy: Guillaume Kurkdjian, and it all came back (not the hey I'll repin a couple of pictures and come up with a blog post), the good inspiration came back, even if it was not blog-oriented.
Well, Guillaume Kurkdjian helped me go back to basics, and Moleskine my daily life. Yay!
He is a genius at designing animated gifs and other really fun digital stuff, but what I liked most about his website was his Travel Notebook.
Isn't it cool? so happy and colorful and fun. And simple.
And I wanted that on my Moleskine (R), really bad. So this weekend, I made myself a promise, to try and draw the daily stuff and the happy weekend plans and anything that comes to my attention for the next couple of months.This exercise also reminded me me that I have a design block waiting to be filled, and a great color pencil case... and HUGE plans.
I also think the result of my first attempt at decorating my Molskine (R) was quite good. Of course it is bad that I say so myself, so I will let you praise me if you like. That is, after all the purpose of bloggin'. Telling a story and hoping people like it, and then they tell you they like it and you feel reassured and motivated to keep doing so. And maybe one they you will tell a story that is actually interesting. Who knows!
So now, ladies and gentlemen... your call:
Such is Life.
P.S. Congrats to the newlyweds, loved my giftbolaget, syster, and loved the family time this weekend.

1 comment:
You know I usually paint on my moleskine from time to time... it's been quite a long time since I last did, cause it's pretty difficult to balance jacket, fan and all the sorts of stuff I carry around in the underground, but yeah, I try.
Nor with colours, though... that would mean me having to put a bunch of the on my handbag, making it even more heavy with unseful stuff...
Anyways, I'm glad your inpiration's back... Kisses and cheers to that!
www.chezagnes.blogstpo.com
Post a Comment